21 December 2011

Refining the Five

Well, here I am again.  It's been four months since I last posted, and probably just as long since I looked at this list.  A lot has happened since August, and that's why I'm going to have to change my Five...again.

On September 15 we found out we were expecting Baby #2.

On September 21 I interviewed for (and was offered) a new job on the other side of the state.

On September 26 I accepted the job.

On September 29 we signed the papers putting our house on the market.  Again.

On October 28 I said goodbye to the friends and coworkers I'd enjoyed getting to know for the past ten years.

On October 31 I left my husband and daughter on the east side and drove 250 miles across the state of Washington.

On November 1 I started my new job.

Every weekend since then my husband and I have taken turns driving across the state on weekends to see each other.  Together we've driven over 4,000 miles in less than two months.

On November 17 we decided on an apartment (after I'd viewed about a dozen).

On December 16 I got the keys to our new place.  That evening Jason arrived with a moving truck full of our stuff.

In two days I leave for Christmas vacation and when I see my husband and daughter, I will probably cry because we will NOT be saying goodbye again.  We will be together for GOOD as of that moment. 

So you see...we won't be installing hardwood floors in our dining room, or ripping out the front patio to put in grass, or completing any of the other home-improvement projects we'd thought and talked about over the years.  Ergo...I am changing my Five again.  Please forgive me!

Old Number 3: Install wood flooring in the dining room.
NEW number 3: Send thank-yous to everyone who helped us move.

Old Number 4: Rip up front patio; replace with grass.
NEW number 4: Decorate Little Miss' new bedroom.

Me at 20 Weeks (Dec. 21, 2011)

No comments: