03 March 2008

#5: Get in Touch With the WWV Chamber


Finally, Mr. Warkentin of the Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce replied to my inquiries regarding the Event Planner position at the Chamber. Apparently although the person previously in the position had quit only a week or two before, they had already filled the position. They're fast.

So there's no application for a fun new job for me...but my email of interest is in their files. You never know when something like that could come back to help ya!

Now for a new #5. Ah, yes: No coffee (or other forms of caffeine) until our Spring Break vacation (March 27-30). This is in an attempt to conduct an experiment with my body. (Sounds gross, but bear with me.)

Over the last month or so, I have been suffering from whatever it is doctors call it when you get to sleep but then wake up several times and wake up in the morning feeling just as tired as when you went to bed the night before. It's not really insomnia, because I do sleep, it's just constantly interrupted. And I can't explain it.

I finally made a connection between when I started going to the new local coffee shop more frequently (3 times a week on average) and when I started having sleep issues. So even though I can get decaf coffee (which still has caffeine in it anyway), I'm shooting for no coffee at all, just to be safe.

I don't know if coffee is the culprit or not, but I'm conducting a nearly month-long experiment to find out. I'll let you know how it goes.

#5: Get in touch with the WWV Chamber of Commerce about the Event Planner position there. CHECK!

New #5: No coffee until March 27

No comments: